I started this blog because I must write. If it’s not in a journal, I’m drafting a poem or finishing another draft to the book that has been haunting me since 2003. (it’ll be on shelves by July, I promise!) I want to connect with new readers / writers / authors / poets / playwrights… I want to connect with new artists. Those with similar stories and those that I can learn from. So with this being my intent, when I get nominated for blog awards I am surprised and grateful. Thank you to www.rebirthoflisa.wordpress.com for the passing of the:
With this, I will share 5 facts about myself and pass the nomination on to other blogs. Here we go…
1) My mother put me in the arts when I was a child because she said my “imaginary friend”, CoCo, was too real. I acted in my first play at five years old.
2) I studied Spanish for four years but when I became an exchange student in Coahuila, Mexico – I HAD TO PRACTICALLY RE-LEARN IT!
3) I can hum and beat box at the same time.
4) My graduating semester in college, I reluctantly went to a party with friends and met an incredibly goofy man whom I turned down. The next week he was on the cover of Jet magazine signing a $40 million contract with the Orlando Magic – Shaquille O’Neal. (I had no clue to whom he was…)
5) I’ve traced my maternal grandmother’s family back to the 1700’s in England.
I would like to pass this award nomination to:
If you accept, please adhere to the following:
- Thank and post the link of the blog that nominated you
- Share 5 facts about yourself to your readers
- Nominate blogs and notify all nominees via their social media/blogs
- Tell the nominees these rules